This week I am thankful for:
1. A $4 dual towel rack! We needed one for our ensuite and I went to Home Depot last weekend and realized they cost $40. I decided to wait, and lo and behold, it was Bidding Wars to the rescue! It is still in the package--awesome, right?!
2. A good morning with our family. It's nice to have Saturdays back again after the wedding season. Although 1 out of the 4 kids was a bit too grumpy for my liking (Koen Chapman!!), it was still a win.
3. Not knowing how awesome Gary was when I married him. He jokes that he set the bar low but I love that I get all these little "wow" surprises. He is a wonderful father, husband and cook :)
4. Two hands. This picture was at a moment when someone wanted to be held (photo cropped). Again. It seems like there is always a kid on me or holding my hand but I think that's a good thing--I am loved. As a side note, I had no idea that I had such big bags under my eyes and is that a normal amount of wrinkles on a forehead? When did that happen?!
5. Cuddles with Koey. Koen is very...energetic and loud and he just moves a lot. When we cuddle he is calm and quiet. Ahhhhh...exhale. Nice.
Cuddles with Nya are great, too.
6. Time with my Nya Bear. We are out every single day for something or another. On Wednesday we decided to stay home and rest for the morning and it was so good.
7. 20/20 vision. Koen squints at the board and he likes to hold books very close to his face so we thought we'd get him checked out. 20/20. Kai said Koen wouldn't look very cute in glasses but I disagree. I think Kai would've just been jealous.
8. Some great one on one time with Kai talking about "big kid" issues. It's might not be easy talking about pornography but it's so important.
9. Home videos. You know how I take a lot of pictures? Well, my dad did the same with videos. I have endless amounts of childhood videos and I've been watching some lately. It's like I'm transported back to the dinner table as a 7-year-old immediately; all the sights, sounds and smells come flying back.
10. Sleep. I'm nervous to jinx this. So so nervous. Slow release melatonin has been the magic button after months and months of trying to figure out what the problem was. This isn't necessarily a long-term solution but it works for us to regain our sanity and for our Little One to rest and use the days to flourish.
I hope you had a good week :) What is something that you are thankful for today?