Every Thursday I choose ten things to be thankful for. To be honest, it's not always easy but I need it. It helps to keep me focused. The older I get the harder life seems to be sometimes. My kids keep saying "attitude of gratitude" because I'm pretty sure SpongeBob said it recently but it's true, I want to have an attitude of gratitude while keeping it real. So, for this week I am thankful for:
1. Sushi! Usually we have Costco pizza on Fridays but this past week we went wild and ordered a party tray of sushi. It is the kids favourite food and little do they know but we are soon going for all-you-can-eat sushi due to generosity of a friend!
2. Fall adventures. Nature is one of the best things for me and I'm thankful that it's always so close by!
3. My unique kids. When I became a parent I really didn't understand just how different each of them could be. We can learn so much from each and every one of them. I'm enjoying(ish) finding out what makes each of our kids "tick".
4. A good MEC 5 km race. I didn't go into the race in prime condition (well, I haven't really been in good shape for over a year now!) but I still was happy with what my body can do.
5. Laughter. No matter how hard life can be, these monkeys make me laugh.
6. Our trampoline. I've said it so many times but it's true: it is so well used!
9. Gifts. I've been having a rough few months and I'm thankful that a friend provided a home cooked meal, another provided money so we can go out to eat, and another gave a sweet little care package--I am loved :)
10. A good halloween. The kids had a blast and I was a bit nervous if Koen's pokeball costume was clear but so many kids loved it. Phew!
11. Starting to feel better. I've been lacking some serious energy so I'm thankful to be moving in the right direction.
12. The availability of mammograms. I had my first one this week!
13. Home cooked meals. I love sitting around the table together over good food. This was sweet and sour pork from the Looneyspoons Collection--yum!
What is something you are thankful for today?