Oh boy. So, this week was better but the flu hit one of the Littles which was one of the worst things that could happen at this time. That might sound dramatic but when you utilize all your energy during the day and don't have any time at night to recoup, it's hard. Add in that you are still bonding with this child who is looking to you to make them feel better, it's not ideal. Praying it does not spread as I have no excess energy left for anything. This week I am thankful for:
1. Our trampoline. The only one that does not use it on her own is Nya. Other than that, the big boys love to shoot hoops and the two Littles have a wonderful time playing for several hours a day. I feel totally comfortable as they are safe inside.
2. Koen playing hockey. I was so nervous about how he would do...not skill wise but just understanding where he was supposed to go and be. I love that Gary is helping coach and I think he enjoys it more than he thought he would.
3. My big helper. I tried to let the Littles watch the first half of the game but then had to strap them in a stroller with Calliou on my phone. Nya had to hold it because they were fighting over it and the iPad had 2% battery left. So many parents must of thought I was a loud sweaty mess but containing them was wise at that point.
4. Seeing these sweet moments. Koen and Nya have a very passionate relationship. They fight hard and yet get along so well. Love when Koen takes the time to read to her.
5. Kai Bear playing hockey. He loves it and is pretty fun to watch too. He's scored a couple of goals too which keeps things exciting!
6. My Nya Bear. Oh this girl. She's a mini speech therapist, play therapist, and little mom. I love her so much and am thankful for her grace and love.
7. Support. With the addition of two kids two weeks ago, I so appreciate meals, words, cards, clothes....everything. I do think meals are most appreciated as I only have one hour throughout the day where they nap and that is spent exercising (for sanity) and making phone calls for appointments etc. It is busy.
8. Pretty flowers. I bought some greenery for our home. So simple. I love it. Will be sharing more next week.
9. A mini date with our first Little One. We have not been able to see each other for THREE WEEKS!!! I was so happy to spend time watching sky trains and buses and Kai's hockey practice together. Our LO is doing so well, friends. What a gift to see. Thank you, God!
10. Motivation and time to work out. It is a priority and has helped me so much mentally. I've always run on the treadmill but adding intervals and weights have helped a lot! My eating is pretty good but I don't focus on it too wildly. I do still have a cookie a day :)
There ya go, friends! What is something that YOU are thankful for today?